Holding Companies Responsible for Defective Products
Individuals rely on prescription drugs and medical devices to improve their health, however time and time again, companies release products that cause more health problems. We are contacted by many who are injured by dangerous and defective drugs and devices. We have years of experience in representing thousands of clients across the country in these cases. We have represented clients against pharmaceutical and medical device companies large and small in courts all over our country.
These are just a few of the dangerous drugs and medical devices for which we are currently taking cases. Any drug or device has the potential to do harm. If you or a loved one was injured by a dangerous drug or medical device, and don’t see it listed below, please contact our firm by phone, email or through the contact form. We’ll determine if you have a case and if we can represent you.
Example Drugs & Devices
- Antidepressants - Zoloft, Paxil and Prozac have been linked to causing birth defects and autism if taken while pregnant.
- IVC Filters - Inferrior vena cava (IVC) filters are medical devices implanted to prevent blood clots from traveling towards the lungs. Complications related to the implantation of these devices have been found including filter fractures, perforationsor migration of the filter to other parts of the body.
- Johnson & Johnson Talc Powder - A link has been discovered between talcum powder and ovarian cancer.
- Morcellator - Use of Ethicon's power morcellator during hysterectomy surgery or fibroid removal surgery has been linked to leiomyosacroma (LMS) which is a form of cancer.
- Risperdal - Use of Risperdal by adolescent males can result in a condition known as gynecomastia (enlargement of breast tissue).
- Metal on Metal Hip Replacements - Increased complications such as metallosis, necrosis and revision surgery have been linked to certain metal on metal hip implants manufactured by Zimmer, Stryker, and Depuy.
- Xarelto - A link has been found between the blood thinner Xarelto and uncontrollable internal bleed or death.
If you or someone you know has suffered from complications after consuming a drug or having a medical device implanted, contact Dejban Law for a free consultation.